2019 is proving to be an amazing year for this book!
In addition to being on the ballot for the Ditmar Award and the Aurealis Award, Sword & Sonnet now finds itself a World Fantasy Award finalist.
The complete anthology finalists:
- Sword and Sonnet, edited by Aidan Doyle, Rachael K. Jones, and E. Catherine Tobler (Ate Bit Bear)
- The Book of Magic, edited by Gardner Dozois (Bantam Books US/HarperVoyager UK)
- Best New Horror #28, edited by Stephen Jones (Drugstore Indian Press UK)
- Robots vs. Fairies, edited by Dominik Parisien and Navah Wolfe (Saga Press)
- Worlds Seen in Passing: Ten Years of Tor.com Short Fiction, edited by Irene Gallo (Tor.com)
We are thrilled to be included in this fantastic group! Awards will be announced at the World Fantasy Convention, October 31 – November 3, 2019 in Los Angeles, CA.
Sword & Sonnet is an anthology of stories devoted to the union of battle and poetry. We successfully funded in December 2017 through Kickstarter; the book features genre stories about women and non-binary battle poets. Lyrical, shimmery sonnet-slingers. Grizzled, gritty poetpunks. Word nerds battling eldritch evil. Haiku-wielding heroines.