Sword & Sonnet is an Aurealis Award finalist!
The complete list can be found here, but we are delighted to share this honor with the following anthologies:
- Sword and Sonnet, Aidan Doyle, Rachael K Jones, E. Catherine Tobler (Ate Bit Bear)
- Aurum, Russell B. Farr (Ticonderoga Publications)
- Mother of Invention, Rivqa Rafael & Tansy Rayner Roberts (Twelfth Planet Press)
- Infinity’s End, Jonathan Strahan (Solaris)
- The Best Science Fiction & Fantasy of the Year, Jonathan Strahan (Solaris)
Two stories were also singled out, “Eight-Step Koan,” by Anya Ow among the Best Young Adult stories, and “Heartwood, Sapwood, Spring,” by Suzanne J. Willis among the Best Fantasy stories.
Sword & Sonnet is an anthology of stories devoted to the union of battle and poetry. We successfully funded in December 2017 through Kickstarter; the book features genre stories about women and non-binary battle poets. Lyrical, shimmery sonnet-slingers. Grizzled, gritty poetpunks. Word nerds battling eldritch evil. Haiku-wielding heroines.